(Title links to article.)
"Extroversion"= energetic & bouncy “hyperactive” to “eager” to “quiet”
"Neuroticism"= nervousness, sensitivity and caution, combined with curiosity
Similar but not identical to human neuroticism. Canine neurosis, unlike the human version which mainly consists of anxiety, may be related to that of hyenas.“Perhaps a combination of fearfulness and curiosity represents a single factor in the dog but contributes to two separate factors in humans . . . further research will be required to determine the exact components of ‘neuroticism’ in dogs,” says the study.
"Amicability"= happy-go-lucky or gentle
different from friendliness in humans “lacked the altruism qualities commonly found in human studies
"Training Focus"= characteristics selectively bred by humans, such as the ability to follow a scent or retrieve a bird
"Self-assurance"= assertiveness, dominance and comfort in its surroundings.
This blog will no longer be updated.
- Invisible Fences are NOT COOL
- Monash Canine Personality Questionnaire
- Isn't that Pain? -- REdefining Punishment
- Elicitation-- Step 2 -- Getting the Dog to Do It
- DIY Dog Training
- Correction does not equal Learning
- Thinking & Feeling
- Cotton --Canine Disarming?
- Large Dog, Glass Sliding Door
- BOYCOTT Lancaster County Products
- The Rescue Business
- Recall = "Come" Command
- You're Going To Do What I Say.... Or You're Going...
- I will not tolerate your crap
- Effects of Stress on (Human) Cognition
- Puppyhood--Keep The Faith
- Guest Post on ILRA
- Hungarian study of 14,000 -- Dog and owner demogra...
- Thoughts inspired by recent study-- "Dyadic relati...
- Dog Training and Dan Ariely's "Predictably Irratio...
- Help Your Dog Always Have the Right Answer
- Training Dogs Vs Training Dolphins or any other sp...
- That's Treats, Right? -- Defining "Rewards"
- More on Cesar Millan
- Jumping Thru Hoops
- Manipulation for Wives & Pet Owners
- My Dominant Houseplant
- The Dog is Biting
- The Rescue Rant
- It's HERE! It's HERE!
- Impenetrable Fingers or How Not to Meet a Dog
- Overview of Basic Approaches to Problem-Solving
- ▼ July 2009 (32)