Thoughts and observations from someone who has been repeatedly introduced as "Nicole Silvers, that dog whisperer lady I was telling you about" I don't whisper to dogs; I eavesdrop on their conversations with each other.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

300 Word Limit?

I was reading the blog of another writer, who suggested that blog posts be about 300-400 words long.

What do you think? Would you find my blogs more useful or readable if there were shorter posts?
(that was 37 words)

3 comments:

  1. I understand why shorter blog posts tend to be easier to read but I think the purpose of your blog is informative and although shorter postings might make sense sometimes, I read your blog excpecting (and looking forward to) a bit of a read. I guess it depends on what the blog is for. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogs need to be as long as they need to be to get the point across. Thoughts for making them more readable if you are worried about length are to add subheadings to break up the post a little bit or do a series over a few days.

    If the subject matter interests me, I read. If faced with too much technical info at once, I move on. Simple language and a clear style is best. I don't have a problem with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind reading long posts if they are informative,which yours are! And I agree with Beth!

    ReplyDelete